twitter




Saturday, May 22, 2010

My email address is myname@msn.com. I'm getting junk mail from myname@email.msn.com. Are they the same address?

Are @msn.com, and @email.msn.com the same thing? I don't want to send an email to myname@email.msn.com to see if I get it, and I don't want to ask anyone else to do it, because that could just result in a flood of junk mail. I've contacted customer service but, so far, they haven't been much help. They had me change my password but, oddly enough, they haven't told me if @email.msn.com and @msn.com are the same thing. Are they?

My email address is myname@msn.com. I'm getting junk mail from myname@email.msn.com. Are they the same address?
NO they are not the same address... if you look at the header of the email you will see the address..





If you go to options in your email, you can also change the name that appears when you send an email.





Its a way for spammers to send emails to your friends and they think it's from you.
Reply:They are the same address, but it's just a gimmick some spammers are able to use to get your attention. No one is using your account, so you don't need to worry, but unfortunately all you can do is delete those emails. You can't block the address because you'd be blocking yourself. They move on to a new group of addresses eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment