twitter




Saturday, October 24, 2009

If I delete my emails from Microsoft Office Outlook, will they be deleted from my other email program (MSN)?

I have Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, but I also use the MSN email program/web browser. If I clear the inbox in Outlook to make space on my hard drive, will the emails be deleted in my MSN Inbox as well? (I don't think it would apply only to msn, but to AOL or something like it as well.)

If I delete my emails from Microsoft Office Outlook, will they be deleted from my other email program (MSN)?
You need to check your account settings to see if Outlook is set up to leave a copy of the messages on the server. If you want to make sure all the messages stay on the webmail even after you delete them from Outlook, follow the steps below.





1. Click on "Tools"


2. Click "E-mail Accounts"


3. Select "View or change existing e-mail accounts" and click "Next %26gt;"


4. Select the account you want to modify and click on "Change..."


5. Click on "More Settings..."


6. Click on "Advanced Tab"


7. Under "Delivery" section, put a check in the box next to "Leave a copy of messages on the server" and make sure other boxes are unchecked


8. Click on OK.





If you're using Windows Live Mail, the process is very similar.
Reply:No they will only be deleted from Microsoft Outlook. Each email program is seperate and you have to delete them from each account.


No comments:

Post a Comment